Monday, May 10, 2010

Collage and the Joy of Peace

This week we will be doing a series on Photo Collages. These images were all created by my students at the community college where I teach. I continue to be charmed and inspired by the creativity of the people in my Emeritus classes!


To Live in Peace


Today I just noticed the caption on the collage you see below. I love the images, but had just viewed them at a glance.


This collage was created by Ed Relder, a student in one of my classes. A sweetheart of a man creating a charming collage with a little bit of an edge to make us think..."Can we just live in peace".



Because of Ed's collage, I started browsing through some of the images I have posted on the blog over the last year. So many of them speak to the subject of peace, something we all want and pray for.


Such as Frank Fandrick's lovely swans created with three pictures...



"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others." Peace Pilgrim quotes.


And Lana Davis' precious niece and nephew...



"If we wish to create a lasting peace we must begin with the children." Mahatma Gandhi


"We seek peace, knowing that peace is the climate of freedom." Dwight Eisenhower


And from my own files...


Ah, Rich, surin' we love ya darlin'!!



"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." Thomas Paine


And as always, we offer a tribute to those who stand in the breach for us all.


"Freedom is never free." ~Author Unknown.



"I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks." ~William Shakespeare


"God Bless us, every one." ~Tiny Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the collages!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy the collages. Good examples! Keep it up.