Monday, May 3, 2010

The Art of Collage

This week we will be doing a series on Photo Collages. These images were all created by my students at the community college where I teach. I continue to be charmed and inspired by the creativity of the people in my Emeritus classes!


Visit the Zoo!

Jack Hanna and his animals are my favorite entertainers on the late night shows. He said, "Zoo animals are ambassadors for their cousins in the wild."

If a zoo is well arranged and beneficial to the animals living there, most folks really enjoy a good days visit there. And of course it is a rich environment for taking pictures.

Here are some pictures one of my students took at the Fort Worth Zoo. The background for the image was taken right as the gates opened. The flowers had just been watered. He does micro photography, which you see in the wonderful close-ups of the flowers with the water droplets.



You can practically smell these flowers when you look at this image. Makes you want to get yourself right down there, doesn't!

The Photo Gallery on Jack Hanna's website is great fun...http://www.jackhanna.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the Jack Hanna website. I also enjoyed this collage!