Monday, May 17, 2010

The Art of Collage

This week we will be doing a series on Photo Collages. These images were all created by my students at the community college where I teach. I continue to be charmed and inspired by the creativity of the people in my Emeritus classes!


In Your Own Back Yard

"I like to sit in my backyard. I go out on the hammock and sit in silence and kind of meditate. Nature is calming, and it's nice to go out there and clear my head." ~Devon Werkheiser

Sometimes cool images are right outside your back door! As Dave Berry says, "The best camera is the one you have with you!"

Roger Slover lives near Duck Creek. He takes great close-ups and has been featured on our blog before. I love the two "head shots" of the geese!



In the next image, Ray Bolton put a lovely collage together of his neighbor's yard. She is the one responsible for him ending up in my Photoshop Elements classes. At first he resisted her suggestion to come to school and finally gave in. I'm sure glad she spread the word--look at what he can do now!



I am so proud of the work and creativity of my students. Boomers and Seniors are unbeatable, if I do say so myself (and I will say so if you open the door even a crack!).

Whether your backyard behind your house, in your city, or in your country, caring for it well benefits everybody who comes close to it--including yourself! "I feel a responsibility to my backyard. I want it to be taken care of and protected." ~Anne Liebovitz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to break down and sign up for one of the classes! Alex