Monday, October 26, 2009

Tuesday's Treasures

On Tuesdays we provide our Faculty an opportunity to feature the talented work of some of our students and friends. You may see a display of creative Photoshop work, their beautiful photographs or an interesting story about an individual’s meaningful contribution to his or her community, country or the world.If you have memories, old or new, you would like to share, send them to me at mxw8110@yahoo.com.


Art washes from the soul

the dust of everyday life

Pablo Picasso said that. I believe he is right. I am often privileged to see unique images in my classroom. Why? Because I teach Photoshop to seniors.

Robert Barretto has generously agreed to share with us the images you see below in this post.

I saw the first one on his computer in the classroom some time ago, and felt that little visceral click that happens when I find myself looking at something truly exceptional!

I asked him to tell us a little bit about his work. He says, "This is an image of a ballet dancer that is set in a logo design and then superimposed on an image of a canyon in Utah that is the background image."



He created the following images using 16 different layers after the image had been posterized. Each shape is on its own layer. He said, "These images of Penelope Cruz show how changing the color scheme of Photoshop layers can completely alter the mood of the image.



I use these to experiment with different color schemes before I paint the reference image.



It saves a lot of time and material to see if I like the colors before I start the painting."



"This is the photo of a daughter of one of the student artists I am in class with. She asked me to abstract this with many gradient patterns and she ended up painting it as shown with a few modifications of her preference."

This is the original image:



And this is the abstract:


That's what I call extraordinary, Folks!

Our special thanks to Robert Barretto for sharing his art with us!!

No comments: