LEARNING LATER, LIVING GREATER:
The Secret for Making the Most of Your After-50 Years.
Lifelong Learning in Your Later Years…
A Health Club for Your Mind, Body, and Spirit!
As believers and participants in lifelong learning, we reap a host of benefits. Here are a few of them.
· Enlarges the scope of our interests.
· Enriches established friendships.
· Provides opportunities to meet new people.
· Keeps us current, active and young.
· Enables us to make new contacts, relationships and connections.
· Expands our horizons.
· Allows us to have fun, gain respect and exchange ideas.
· Provides opportunities to develop new ideas and handle change.
· Opens our minds to what is new…instead of dwelling in the past and rejecting the new out-of-hand.
· Gets us involved in the give and take of lively discussions.
· Provides a chance to learn more about current events.
· Gives us a chance to engage in camaraderie with our peers.
· Makes us a seeker and sharer of knowledge.
· Gives us a chance to try out new ideas and insights.
· Allows us to participate in domestic and international study/travel.
· Provides us opportunities for volunteer work on the local and national level.
· Allows us to gain a better understanding of the world and of ourselves.
Or as one lifelong learner says, “We base everything on the belief that our capacity to learn and grow does not decrease as our years increase. In fact, through learning and the adventures we embark upon, we actually embrace self-fulfillment.” Life doesn’t get any better than that!
For more information on Learning Later, Living Greater visit http://www.learninglater.com/
You can purchase Learning Later, Living Greater at http://www.amazon.com/
Till Next Time…
Nancy Merz Nordstrom is Director of the Lifelong Learning Department at Computer School for Seniors (http://www.cs4seniors.com/)