Sunday, October 11, 2009

Inspirational Sunday

Bill Witcher, co-founder of Computer School for Seniors will be sharing words of encouragement, inspiration and hope with you each Sunday.


“Think Positive Thoughts"

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning and your head is filled with worries? You are worried about one of your kids or grandkids…your health…your finances…any number of things. Negative thinking starts taking over. Anxiety sets in. Negative thinking can leave us immobilized. Nothing positive is ever going to come from negative thinking. We’re helpless. No good to ourselves and no good to anybody around us. What do you do?

The first thing I do is pray. Lord help me. I know I am being attacked. Satan is an accuser and a deceiver. I need to find strength in Jesus. I need help. I need to change my thinking. It’s a matter of attitude and effort. It’s a matter of substituting the negative thinking with positive thinking.

John Maxwell in his book TODAY MATTERS provides some tips on positive thinking. He says… “The more positive thinking you do, the better you become at it. You can improve your thinking if you do the following on a daily basis:

  • Focus on the Positive: Thinking alone won’t guarantee success. You need to think about the right things. Negative thinking and worry actually hinder the thinking process rather than improve it. I believe in this so wholeheartedly that the first book I wrote was THINK ON THESE THINGS based on a Bible passage that always inspired me:

    Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8

    Focus on the positive and your thinking will move in the right direction.

  • Gather Good Inputs: I’ve always been a collector of ideas. I do a lot of reading and I continually file the good ideas and quotes I find. I’ve found that the more good ideas I’m exposed to, the more my thinking improves.

  • Spend Time with Good Thinkers: I you spend time with good thinkers, you will find that the exposure sharpens your thinking. Spend time with positive people and you will be more positive.
When a person’s thinking is positive, a lot of other things in life take care of themselves.

No comments: