Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Capture the Moment Photographers

Ansel Adams said, "Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."


I am surrounded by talented photographers. I thoroughly enjoy their work, and thought you might as well!

Meet John Sims

I've seen John Sims' work on and off for years because he is the photographer for the company my husband works for.

I am so pleased that from time to time he has agreed to share some of his fine work with us on our blog.

These images were taken at the Botanical Gardens in Chicago, Illinois on a trip John and his wife made there over the 4th of July.

He says, "Last week over the 4th of July holidays we journeyed to Moline ILL for our annual summer vacation. While there several photo opportunities developed, which included a quick side trip to the Chicago Botanical Gardens.


On this trip I was working with my usual Nikon system of a D-300 and three zooms covering a range of 11mm-300mm. For this trip I also picked up the new Nikon 105 F2.8 VR Micro Lens, which I was very eager to use in the gardens.


As things turned out this new macro surpassed my highest expectations. To me it even trumped a Leica M-4 system with three Leica lenses I worked with back in the 1970's, and a Nikon F-4 system with ten prime Nikon lenses in the 1980's. Retired from professional photography since 1990 I now find myself shooting with the sharpest lens I have ever used.


The following photo samples will give you an idea of just how good the Nikon D-300 D-SLR, and Nikon professional lenses are.


A photograph is memory in the raw. ~Carrie Latet


A good snapshot stops a moment from running away. ~Eudora Welty

Special thanks to John Sims for sharing information and some of his great images with us!

2 comments:

Sage said...

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos. It inspires me to take more shots of nature. My camera is not as sophisticated but I try.
Rita

...You May Say I'm A Dreamer said...

So beautiful! I am so ENVIOUS of those who have an eye for photography. I have been wanting to take a photography class and lean some of these amazing secrets...thanks for the inspiration! Have a great weekend!
~Mary