Friday, April 23, 2010

Special Effects Week

This week we will be doing a series on Special Effects. These images were all created by my students at the community college where I teach. I continue to be charmed and inspired by the creativity of the people in my Emeritus classes!


Grandchildren's Faces

Gene Perret said, "What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure!"

If you have been blessed with grandchildren you know just what he was talking about! Here is a picture taken of Betty Malone's lovely little Hannah. She added the Palette Knife and Poster Edges filters from Photoshop Elements and now the photograph looks like a painting!



Alan Frome said, "Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends." That is evident in the next image. Betty and her grandaughter Lily cooked up the sweet concoction you see below. Lily did the posing and Betty did the picture taking and Photoshop special effects. They knew they were going to use these to fit into the letters of Lily's name.



Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. ~Author Unknown

A special thank you to Betty Malone for letting us use her charming images on our blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice effects. I will followup on these for some of my photos. Edie