Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Special Effects Tuesday

This week we will be doing a series on Special Effects. These images were all created by my students at the community college where I teach. I continue to be charmed and inspired by the creativity of the people in my Emeritus classes!


Just for Fun!

Dale Carnegie said, "People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing!"

To wrap up this week of Special Effects we have two images that are eye catching and just plain fun as well as creative!

Below is Roger Stover's rendition of a raspy old buffalo grumbling to the world! We did a lesson plan on smoke in class, but it was coming out of a candle. Here is that same smoke resized, and flipped to snort out of our buffalo's nose!



Lionel Ruiz has done several balloon images for our blog. I think this is my favorite. Obviously it is just one balloon picture, repeated over and over, but with this rendition two of the balloons float out of the picture giving it three dimensionality. They look like they are dancing!



I am privileged to see images like these continuously in my work as a teacher. Seniors rock!!

We will have another Special Effects series again soon.

It is a happy talent to know how to play. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

A special thank you to Roger Stover and Lionel Ruis, two fine friends of our blog, for producing work that delights.

No comments: