Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Star Review

The year 2009 brought many mixed blessings along with it. For our blog, that year featured many interesting images and stories. Since we have more and more new people befriending our blog, sometimes on Saturday we will be doing a review of some of the offerings from our first year.


Six Generations

This is one of my own images. It is my mother when she was two or three years old. The other women are her mother, her grandmother, and her great grandmother. Looking at this image, I can feel their presence across the generations.

Photobucket


In this picture my mother is 83. The other women are my sister, my daughters and me.

Photobucket


Put them together and there are 6 generations of us in one image!

Photobucket


George Bernard Shaw said, “Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it onto future generations.”


Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rita said...

I love pictures like this;in my home I have a and it is covered with vintages pictures of our family.