Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Star Spotlight

On Fridays we will feature special projects, photography and ideas contributed by talented seniors along with information about the Internet.


Special Effects for a Rainy Day

I don't know how the weather is where you live, but here in Dallas we have rain, rain and more rain! And I have some fun special effect images to post today that remind us of sunnier days!

Lionel Ruiz was in the Special Effects class I teach at a community college here in Dallas. He came up with some gems and has generously agreed to share them with us.

Lionel is a photographer and he and his daughter are balloon enthusiasts--that's a recipe for cooking up some cool images! Here are some of his images, along with quotes I've found from various sources:

Winnie the Pooh said, "Nobody can be uncheeered with a balloon!"



In The Twenty-one Balloons, William Penne du Bois said, "The best way of travel, however, if you aren't in any hurry at all, if you don't care where you are going, if you don't like to use your legs, if you don't want to be annoyed at all by any choice of directions, is in a balloon. In a balloon, you can decide only when to start, and usually when to stop. The rest is left entirely to nature."



In 1908, Le Figaro said, "I have known today a magnificent intoxication. I have learnt how it feels to be a bird. I have flown. Yes I have flown. I am still astonished at it, still deeply moved."



And how about this creative idea--two images combined to cause you to do a double-take if you see the picture! Yes, that is a train following the car!



A special thanks to Lionel Ruiz for his contribution to our blog!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Love those pictures!

Anonymous said...

I love your Balloons. Send us
more, please!