Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday's Munchies

There is no love sincerer than the love of food. ~ George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950), Man and Superman (1903) act 1.


Fine Food and Interesting Tales from Afar

"Food, like a loving touch or a glimpse of divine power, has that ability to comfort."~ Norman Kolpas

The Internet provides us with so many wonderful opportunities to connect with people all over the world. I am particularly interested in bloggers who are age 55 to 100. I'm in that age group and so are my students at the community college where I teach.

For some time, I have heard from a very special friend in Canada. Her comments about our blog have been encouraging to me and fun to read in class. It occured to me that I had not posted an address for her excellent blog before. And as I was prowling around her blog, I found two others that you don't want to miss!


First, try Rita's charmer: http://sagecuisine.blogspot.com/

She says on her blog, "Food is my passion and instead of a novel I much prefer reading a cook book, recipe book anything to do with food. I post once a week about things that make me Happy. I am a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt and a friend to a few special people.

Family, memories, food, recipes, gadgets, chefs, cooking, restaurants, herbs, markets, travel etc. will be my focus. Rita"

"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat, the least we can do is prepare them well and serve them with ceremony."~ Fernand Point



Followed by this marvelous blog http://allourfingersinthepie.blogspot.com/

Sarah Galvin from Swift Current, SK, Canada, says, "By education, I am a home economist and by interest, I am an avid cook."

The header for her blog says, "For the love of food...the love of creating...the love of eating...with friends"

And cook great things up she does! Today's feature is fresh peas and homemade linguini. The images are as delicious as the food!

"Food, like a loving touch or a glimpse of divine power, has that ability to comfort."~ Norman Kolpas


And last but surely not least http://canyouallhearmeattheback.blogspot.com/

Angie lives not far from Lincoln : North Lincolnshire : United Kingdom. Her interests are cooking, cake decorating, sugarcraft and making sugar flowers, reading and daytime telly.

She also writes a fascinating blog that you will enjoy about life and cooking "across the pond".


"Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements."~ Marcel Boulestin

What a fabulous job these women do! Applause, applause!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Hi Mimi,
You are too kind!
Thank you.
Hope you all had a wonderful July 4th. Even if we are in Canada, it is a big holiday at our place also because it is my daughter in law's bithday and that is the day they were married 17 years ago.
Rita

Angie said...

Aw thank you, that was so kind to mention my blog. Though I love to cook and 'feed' people generally there are things I can't do on my own now due to disability (I am all the time in a wheelchair). However, my hubby, Keith, has recently discovered that cooking isn't rocket science so I'm having a slight problem re - relegating him to the position of oven door opener and shutter and floor sweeper-upper.

May I suggest to you another blog you might also be interested to read? Marie at http//ayearfromoakcottage.blogspot.com
Marie is a Canadian who has lived in England. is married to an English man and is currently away visiting her family in Canada